WE ARE CAR ACCIDENT LAWYERS
In an instant, a car accident can destroy your life and your family. Millions of Americans are hurt every year in motor vehicle accidents. Thousands of innocent people are killed, and those who survive often walk away with permanent disabilities, including brain damage and spinal cord injuries. The cost of medical care associated with treating car accident injuries is usually incredibly high, and in many situations the injured person may not be able to return to work for a long period of time, if ever. Because these injuries are often catastrophic and life-changing, victims and their families need to be represented by a skilled car accident lawyer who will fight to get them the full compensation they need and deserve.
At The AAA Group, our car accident lawyers have witnessed first-hand the physical, mental, emotional, and financial damage a car accident can cause innocent victims and their families. We are devoted to lessening that damage and helping victims and their families receive fair compensation after an accident.
WE ARE AGGRESSIVE ADVOCATES IN PROTECTING YOUR RIGHTS
If you or a loved one has been involved in a motor vehicle accident, protect your rights by contacting the experienced attorneys at The AAA Group. While you may think the insurance company is on your side, insurance companies are businesses, and they stay in business by paying you as little as possible. When you are injured in a car accident, the insurance company may offer you a quick settlement, hoping they can resolve your case for as minimal compensation as possible. These companies know that you are in a vulnerable position and unfamiliar with personal injury law, and they will use this to their advantage.
A skilled car accident attorney can provide you with the protection you need to secure a fair and just recovery. Our lawyers know exactly how the insurance companies operate and are prepared to stand up for you and fight for your rights and your well-being during every stage of the process.
Even if your accident was caused by a hit-and-run driver or an uninsured/underinsured motorist, we may be able to get you compensation from your own insurance company or the criminal justice system. We possess an in-depth understanding of the laws that govern the insurance industry and know how victims of motor vehicle accidents must legally be compensated under Georgia law and California law. Our lawyers are experienced advocates who aggressively negotiate with insurance companies, and we are not afraid to take them to trial when necessary.
When you hire The AAA Group, you will be confident that you are being represented by first-rate attorneys who will take the right steps to obtain a maximum settlement for your injuries.
WHAT TO DO AFTER A CAR ACCIDENT
While no one plans on being in a car accident, you should always be prepared in the event that such an unfortunate situation occurs. These steps will help with the safety of anyone involved in a car accident and may preserve valuable evidence for your car accident claim.
- Move to a safe area, if you can. Get out of harm’s way, such as to the shoulder of the road. If moving your car is not possible, turn on your hazard lights to warn other drivers that your car isn’t going anywhere.
- Stop your car and get out. Take a moment to catch your breath. Check to make sure it’s safe to get out of your car before opening the door. Consider using your flares or similar road safety items.
- Check on other people who are involved. Make sure you and any other drivers, passengers, or pedestrians are okay. Call 911 if anyone might be injured, even if the injuries seem minor.
- Call the police. Even in minor accidents, a police accident report can prove to be invaluable in dealing with your car insurance company and other drivers. Always cooperate but be careful with what you say. You should avoid admitting fault or blaming others while at the scene. Let the police objectively judge events and determine who, if anyone, is at fault in the accident. If the police can’t make it to the scene (which is more likely if there are no injuries), you can file an accident report through your state’s Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) or Department of Driver Services (DDS).
- Gather info. Gather as much information as possible in the immediate aftermath of an accident, including:
- Driver and passenger names
- Insurance information
- Vehicle details – license plate number, make, model, and color of all cars involved
- Contact information for eyewitnesses
- Location of the accident
- Name and badge number of any responding police officers
The easiest and fastest way to get most of this information is to take pictures with your cell phone.
- Document the scene. Take pictures of damage done to all vehicles involved in the accident, as well as the road conditions and traffic signs and signals. They may come in handy during the claims process. If you don’t have access to a cell phone or camera, make sure that you take photographs of your car and the accident scene as soon as possible after the accident.
- Contact The AAA Group. It is important to get in touch with an attorney experienced in handling car accident claims even before you report the accident to your insurance company. You should also speak with your attorney before making any statements to the other driver’s insurance company. The AAA Group can help you file and navigate your way through an insurance claim, protecting your rights and helping you get the financial compensation you deserve.
In Georgia and California, and in many other states, there are drivers who are either uninsured or underinsured. Although it is illegal for drivers to operate a vehicle without car insurance, it is still a common occurrence. Because of this, insurance companies in Georgia and California are required to offer uninsured and underinsured motorist (UM/UIM) coverage to policy holders to protect them against uninsured or underinsured drivers.
For instance, if the person who caused the accident is uninsured or underinsured, the UM/UIM policy will protect you, and you may be able to recover compensation from your own insurance company.
OUR ATTORNEYS WILL FIGHT FOR MAXIMUM COMPENSATION FOR YOUR CASE
The attorneys at The AAA Group can help you recover financial compensation for the losses you have suffered, including medical bills, property damage, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
Call us today at (866) 220-1490 or email gethelp@theAAAgroup.com to schedule a free consultation with our friendly and experienced legal team. As always, we never charge a fee unless we win your case.