WE ARE MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT LAWYERS
Although the experience of riding a motorcycle can be exhilarating, motorcycle riders are much more likely to be injured or killed when they are involved in an accident. Unfortunately, many people are quick to assume that the motorcyclist was at fault, even though studies show that the majority of motorcycle injuries are caused by careless automobile drivers who violate rules of the road. Whether the driver was speeding, distracted, under the influence, or otherwise engaged in reckless driving behaviors, when a vehicle collides with a motorcycle, the motorcyclist will often suffer serious and catastrophic injuries, including brain damage and spinal cord injuries.
A motorcycle accident can change your life in an instant and lead to years of pain and suffering. Motorcycle accident victims often need medical care and rehabilitation services for an extended period of time and, in some cases, for the rest of their lives. The cost associated with medical care can be extreme, causing the motorcycle accident victim and his or her family to stress and worry about who will pay for these bills. Additionally, in many cases, the motorcyclist may be unable to return to work for a long time, leaving the family without a much-needed paycheck.
Recovering from a motorcycle accident can be very difficult, but you don’t have to go through it alone. The team at The Auto Accident Attorneys Group knows how damaging a motorcycle accident can be. We understand the difficulties you are facing and are committed to helping you get your life back on track. Our motorcycle injury lawyers will take on the stress of dealing with the insurance companies and the legal system so that you can focus your efforts on your recovery. It is important to have a highly skilled and aggressive motorcycle injury lawyer who is prepared to fight for your rights and help you receive the money you deserve.
We take the time to answer every question and listen to our client’s concerns. Our legal team will stay by your side every step of the way and keep you fully informed about everything that is happening in your case. We care about you and your recovery, and we will do everything possible to help maximize the compensation you receive.
WHAT TO DO AFTER A MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT
If you have been involved in a motorcycle accident, it is important to know what steps to take following the accident. As a law firm that specializes in an array of different types of accidents, we know how challenging the aftermath of a motorcycle accident can be. Below is a list of steps to take after a motorcycle accident to help you get through this difficult time.
- Check for injuries. Give attention to your own immediate needs, but keep in mind that other drivers, passengers, or even pedestrians may require assistance as well.
- Get yourself to a safe place. If you are able to walk or crawl, get yourself off the road. If you are mostly uninjured and are able to lift and push your bike, get it off the road as well. If any other vehicles are involved, try to get them off the road, or set out reflectors or flares to warn traffic away. This is to protect yourself, your bike, and others from being hit by an oncoming vehicle. Shut the bike off, and if it has a manual fuel system (petcock), turn it off. Note any leaks.
- Call 911 for help or signal for help. If you can, call 9-1-1 immediately.
- Call the police. Cooperate but be careful in what you say. You should avoid admitting fault or blaming others while at the scene.
- Document the scene. Take pictures of the damage to all vehicles involved in the accident, as well as the road conditions and traffic signs and signals. They may come in handy during the claims process. If you don’t have access to a cell phone or camera, make sure that you take photographs of your car and the scene as soon as possible after the accident.
- Gather info. Gather as much information as possible right after an accident, including:
- Driver and passenger names
- Insurance information
- Vehicle details – license plate number, make, model, and color of all cars involved
- Contact information for eyewitnesses
- Location of the accident
- Name and badge number of any responding police officers
The easiest and fastest way to get most of this information is to take pictures with your cell phone.
- Hold off before making any statements about the crash. Even if you sense that you had some responsibility for what occurred it is smart to avoid admitting fault until you are in a calm state of mind away from a jarring accident and after having spoken to an attorney.
- Contact The AAA Group. It is important to get in touch with an attorney experienced in motorcycle claims because of the special issues involved. The AAA Group knows how to fight and can help you file and navigate your way through an insurance claim, protect your rights, and help you take the right steps towards getting the financial compensation you deserve.
Although no one expects to be involved in a motorcycle accident, following these steps can benefit your case tremendously, including ensuring your safety following an accident, preserving evidence, and many other beneficial steps that can maximize potential compensation for your losses.
CALL TODAY FOR A FREE CONSULTATION FOR YOUR MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT CASE
If you or a loved one has been injured or killed in a motorcycle accident, contact The Auto Accident Attorneys Group for a free consultation with a highly experienced motorcycle personal injury attorney. We understand the special care required in motorcycle accident cases. Our attorneys will fight to help you get the maximum compensation you deserve, including compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and future medical care.
Call us today at (866) 220-1490 or email gethelp@theAAAgroup.com to schedule a free consultation with our friendly and experienced legal team. As always, we never charge a fee unless we win your case.