EXPERIENCED TRUCK ACCIDENT LAWYERS
It is essential to have an experienced truck accident attorney on your side when dealing with a truck accident case. Trucks are typically owned by companies with large teams of people who know how to navigate the complex world of insurance policies and claims. Because of this, the truck owners often end up paying out an unjust amount to its victims.
A skilled truck accident lawyer can help you recover the financial compensation you need to deal with costly medical bills and other expenses. Recovery in truck accident cases can be a very long and painful process, with many victims requiring a lifetime of medical care. The Auto Accident Attorneys Group will walk beside you through every step of this difficult process and will obtain the maximum compensation you deserve.
HOW TRUCK ACCIDENTS DIFFER FROM CAR ACCIDENTS
Large trucks and semis are one of the leading causes of traffic-related deaths in the United States. A typical eighteen-wheeler weighs 30 times more than a passenger vehicle. Due to their sheer weight and size, trucks are virtually guaranteed to crush a smaller vehicle in an accident. When a truck hits a car, the occupants of the car are often killed or suffer very serious injuries, such as brain and spinal cord injuries while the truck driver walks away unharmed.
Those involved in a truck accident often mistakenly believe their case will be handled similarly to a car accident case, just on a larger scale. That is simply not true. Truck accidents are so much more complex than that. There are significant differences when dealing with a truck accident, including complex insurance policies and severe injuries. These important differences require unique legal experience. Fortunately, our team is equipped with that unique experience and will know how to handle your case from start to finish.
WHAT TO DO AFTER A TRUCK ACCIDENT
Often, the outcome of a truck accident is very damaging. Due to the sheer size of the trucks, the impact generated by a truck accident often causes extreme injuries and, in many cases, fatalities. The following steps will ensure that victims will receive full and fair compensation for their losses after a truck accident.
- Stay at the scene. This is the number one rule. Do not leave the scene of the accident. If you leave, you could be guilty of a hit and run. Stay at the scene until police and medical help have arrived.
- Leave the car in its position unless unsafe. If necessary for safety, move your vehicle, but if at all possible leave the vehicle in the position where it came to rest after the crash. This will give you the best chance of preserving evidence of the cause of the wreck as well as the damages and injuries that resulted from it.
- Call 911 for help. Safety is your top priority after a truck accident. If you can, call 9-1-1 right away.
- Call the police. Cooperate but be careful in what you say. You should avoid admitting fault or blaming others while at the scene.
- Check on other people who are involved for injuries. Give attention to your own immediate needs, but keep in mind that injuries and damage to other vehicles or even pedestrians could exist, and may require assistance as well.
- Document the scene. Take pictures of the damage done to all vehicles involved in the accident, as well as the road conditions and traffic signs and signals. They may come in handy during the claims process. If you don’t have access to a cell phone or camera, make sure that you take photographs of your car and the accident scene as soon as possible after the accident.
- Gather info. Gather as much information as possible right after an accident, including:
- Driver and passenger names
- Insurance information
- Vehicle details – license plate number, make, model, and color of all cars involved
- Contact information for eyewitnesses
- Location of the accident
- Name and badge number of any responding police officers
The easiest and fastest way to get most of this information is to take pictures with your cell phone.
- Hold off before making any statements about the crash. Even if you sense that you had some responsibility for what occurred it’s smart to avoid admitting fault until you are in a calm state of mind away from a jarring accident and you have spoken to an attorney.
- Contact The AAA Group. It is important to get in touch with an attorney experienced in handling truck accident claims. Don’t go up against a trucking company alone. The AAA Group knows how to fight insurance companies and their big trucking clients.
COMMON TRUCK ACCIDENT INJURIES
There are an array of different injuries one may face following a truck accident, including death. The most common include:
- Back and neck injuries
- Broken bones
- Brain injuries
- Internal injuries
- Spinal cord injuries and paralysis
- Wrongful death
Regardless of the type of injuries one may face, truck accident injuries are almost always catastrophic and can be life-changing for their victims. Whether you or a loved one has suffered from a truck accident, our lawyers can handle your personal injury claim from start to finish. Regardless of the severity of the injuries one has faced following a truck accident, we always handle our clients’ case with the utmost care.
CALL TODAY FOR A FREE EVALUATION OF YOUR PERSONAL INJURY CASE
If you have been involved in a truck accident, we can help you protect your rights and recover financial compensation for the losses you have suffered.
Call us today at 404-600-0941 or email gethelp@theAAAgroup.com to schedule a free consultation with our friendly and experienced legal team.